Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:48:56 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Greetings all

Thanks for posting news of my article in the British Medical Journal of 20 Feb 1999 entitled "breastfeeding and my brain", and to the several names I recognise from lactnet who took the trouble to reply - their electronic responses are all posted on the BMJ site.  

If you want to view the online full text version it is quite easy as the BMJ has just about the best website of any medical journal. I would recommend it, not just for my article (which looks at the issue of supportive working environments for nursing mothers) but also for the great electronic debate that follows.... and there are many more related issues that have yet to be aired. Technological fixes to a societal issue appear to be gathering force on the corporate horizon. For example, has anyone heard more about the breast pumping system you can plug into your worksite, or is that just a nasty rumour from the US?? 

You can easily review the electronic responses, and also hopefully post some of your own. PLEASE DO SO. We need to get BF issues into the mainstream, and journals like the bmj are widely read and very influential. Also, the editors take  it seriously when lots of people respond.

There are lots of ways to get to the article and the debate. here is one
Search under bmj
then BMJ publishing group
British medical journal
Archive - go to articles this year
search under Black M E .. and you should get to the article. 

Best wishes

Mary E Black
Professor of Public Health
Dept of Social and Preventive Medicine
North Queensland Clinical School
PO box 1103 Cairns QLD 4870

Tel 61 740 503670
Fax 61 740 514 322
E-mail [log in to unmask] 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2