Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:02:26 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I am currently working for WIC in SO. Tx and am trying to get my IBCLC.  I want you to know that we do community outreach at health fairs, high schools, colleges, hospitals, etc.  We try our best to educate all of the people that come into our clinic.  I have personally taken it upon myself to make sure I get into the hospital here to help the moms, there isn't an LC here, I am the closest thing to one (small town) and it has proved to be valuable to the nurses and patients. The nurses know I am not trying to invade their territoty, but be a bridge and help relieve some pressure.  They have enough to do in a day/shift, I just keep telling them I am here to help.

I too have gone into the Home Economics class at the local HS and the kids/students had actually done some studying on BM vs AFM.  I just took what they knew and expanded on it. I see so many young girls in my office, the best I can do is educate and support them.  Some don't care, they don't want to listen, but once I start with benefits, they perk their ears up. Educating the family is just as important as educating the mother of the baby.  IF they don't have the support, then we need to provide that for them-follow up phone calls, etc.  If you have any questions about the WIC program, please feel free to email me directly. I'll be happy to answer them.

Have a blessed day,Merideth M. Buell, BFPCDSHS [log in to unmask]  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2