Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:06:52 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hello, I am new to the list. My name is Claire Pipes,MS,LDN,RD, I am a Public Health Nutritionist( new to this aarena   I have 20 years in the acute care, long term care, home care & hospice settings.  

Problem:   I have a patient with a 6 month old solely breastfed, she is now pregnant again- she now knows BF is not a form of birth control- Problem is baby will not take formula at all in any way shape or form.  Baby is onsomon some food and is healthy and well nourished.  The mother is in tears over the thought of having to DC the BFing.  We are limited on the WIC we can provide and the carnation good start and goats milk is not on the list.  I don't think the Feds would approve of evaporated milk idea.

Question??   Can she continue to BF while she is Pregant ifPregnant special instructions?  Would BFing pull to much nutrition from the mother and not have enough for the fetus if she increase Kcal,nutrition and take he prenatal MVI's.  Will the utrine contrauterinefrom BF cause spontanious aspontaneousf the consinous is tconsensushat do we suggest she feed baby, goats milk, carnation good start,  evaporated milk and H2O -you know the old fashioned formula? 
TX's for the help.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2