Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 09:54:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Another thought that comes to mind is where in the healing process is this baby. At the recent ILCA conference there was an excellent talk about tongue tie healing after release and at what periods will things seem to be going backwards. What stuck in my mind was at 2 to 4 days and again at around the 3 week mark. Perhaps all this baby needs now is some time and patience? 

There are also some great even less invasive options for healing such as Reiki and Therapeutic Touch, perhaps these can support this baby in their healing process rather than more bodywork. Sometimes, once the process has been put in motion, it just needs support, not necessarily to be put into motion again. I always think of it like waves, you start a wave, and then you support it as it travels through the body. But if you start another wave, then at some point the two waves will be working against each other. Does that make sense? I know that body work is pretty non-invasive, but it does cause change in the baby, so if we take something that is even less invasive as a support for body work...

The other thought that comes to mind is, what else could be going on with this baby? Are the changes due to something new altogether, or is it just the old stuff re-emerging?

Hope this little one starts improving soon.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2