Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:11:37 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
      One of my fellow APNs is looking for advice.  I will forward answers to her.   
      One of my coworkers is working with a mom who just had her third baby; the two older children are 3years and 11months.  She started breastfeeding with each child but quit after about a month due to persistent breast (not nipple) pain throughout every feeding.  Similar pain is present with this baby.  She describes it a knife-like, sharp pain throughout the breast from the time of latch until the feeding is complete.  She does not have white nipples, flattened nipples, etc. when the baby comes off the breast and no cracks or blisters.  She worked with several different LCs with the first 2 children but never was able to solve the problem and gave up after about a month due to pain.  She would like to breast feed this baby but is already experiencing similar pain (day 4 after birth).  She has normal appearing nipples and fairly large breasts.  We are trying supporting her breasts more during feeding thinking it might be ligament or connective tissue pulling that is triggering pain.  Anyone with any other thoughts or experience with this problem.  It occurs  in both breasts.  If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, please let me know.   Thanks.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2