Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 09:33:20 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Hi all,

You are just NOT gonna believe this...
My dd came home yesterday after sitting her 3 hour chemistry exam and she told me that one out of four questions (all being divided into sub- and subsubquestions) was about... artificial baby milk for premature infants!! How low can you go, as a country/government/exam committee to have your 18-year olds work on an exam in which there is a 5 time mention of a registered trade mark artificial milk for the most vulnerable infants, because you want to interrogate them on fats?! The manufacturer's name was also mentioned several times and I'm just completely pissed off by this. These young people... any other product containing fat could have been used as an example. Why this one, with such clear 'naming and faming'...? A blatant code-violation and ethically completely reprehensible.
I'v started a draft for a text to file a complaint and maybe get a press release. Several Dutch lc-colleagues and bf counsellors have children who did the same exam and apparently one even thought of boycotting the question...! ;o)) Dreadful: commercial industry infiltrating into high school exams. Was there money involved? Did they pay to get the question in? If yes, awful. If not: just as awful, because it is then free publicity.
Any suggestions for objections to include in the statement are welcome. My... where are we heading...? :-((

Warmly,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2