Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2013 07:44:21 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
One of my favorite authors, Gene Cranston Anderson wrote "The Mother and Her Newborn: Mutual Caregivers" in JOGGN, Oct 1977   Altho old, this article says a lot.

Another old article I found was "The Relationship between Rooming-in/not Rooming-in and Breastfeeding Variables.  Yamauchi and Yamanouchi, Acta Pediatr 1979.  They found that Breast feeding frequency was higher in infants rooming-in than in those not rooming-in.  Weight at 7 days (remember when we stayed 7 days after birth -I do!) was higher in rooming-in than in non rooming-in.  They compared 112 non rooming-in and 92 rooming-in babies.  Study was a tad skewed with supplements for no well defined reason, but that was 1979.
DRs Y & Y said that their study suggests that some neonatal feeding problems (wt loss, higher bili) could be avoided by using rooming-in and stopping glucose 5% supplementation to encourage more frequent feeding.

I know I have seen other article about less wt loss, can't remember where.  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2