Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:59:01 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hi,

I have a friend in need of an IBCLC consult near Hillsborough, NC, area. Her 4 1/2 month old daughter has been breastfed without any significant difficulties. She appears happy and developing well in all observable ways but percentile weight has trended from 70% at birth to now 25%. Her pediatrician is very supportive and reassuring but mother understandably concerned about trend continuing, especially since weight gain issues and some significant allergies were experienced with an older child. Feedings with this baby tend to be short with spit up. Latest approach has been to start Zantac to help with spit up/reflux possibly impacting weight gain. I have texted over last few months for basic breastfeeding support for various concerns...plugged ducts initially, dwindle in supply upon return to part time work, and regarding weight trend. Considering sequence of concerns now looking back, am curious about tongue and/or lip tie as possible underlying factors, or something else affecting milk transfer. I suggested with latest concerns regarding weight and reflux med initiated that a hands on consult with an IBCLC may be helpful for insight on anything else that may be needing to be addressed versus just another reassuring perspective that this may be this baby's normal track. Any thoughts or referrals in that area? Please feel free to respond to my email privately. Thanks so much!

Allyson Wessells, PT, IBCLC 2014:), LLLL
Columbus, Ohio

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2