Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:25:18 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
>
 " Mom wants a perfect birth  and is so desperate to turn this baby they had her in a pool doing head stands for
three hours the other night (she's due in 11 days!!!)"
>
 can't tell you the herb but can tell that the water thing is not this complicated.  our last was "sittin' pretty" breech
to her due date.   finally, connections led to a midwife suggesting that we go to a pool and  float around for
about 45min to an hour.  afterwards, we went home and i laid down on the bed and used pillows to elevate my
hips 15"  to 18 " off the bed...this was a trick in itself.   the baby turning looked like a mountain alive.   she was
born in  normal position 10 days later, 9 lbs.15ozs., 23" long.   this worked for us the first time that we tried it.
it does not always do this.  the midwife said that it may take a few tries and then might not work.  i am 5'4" tall
and really short waisted and was prepared for it not to work.  i thought that the baby was packed in there and
permanently positioned.    tell you what, getting out of that pool was a challenge...~ mary

ATOM RSS1 RSS2