Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:15:35 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Ok, I am sure there is information in the archives about this and I plan to look there, I just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this lately???

This question is regarding the same mom with the possibly autistic 18 month old.  I forgot to mention that she has implants.  She had run across some newer research regarding silicone molecules passing into breastmilk.  She has read that some of these breastfed children have delayed speech and gut trouble as well.  Sadly this is causing quite a disruption in her family as her husband has already told her if it's because of the implants he would never forgive her.  So I am really hoping to find information to the contrary.   In my lactation schooling I don't remember reading anything about the trouble with implants other than actually lactating... not that the silicone itself was a problem.  I would think that those molecules would be to big to pass through to breastmilk, but I could be wrong.

Any insight?  Again, I will check the archives, but I wondered if anyone had newer information on this?  Thanks.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
IBCLC Exam Candidate
www.nurturingmama.com  opening 02/01

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2