Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:27:08 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
I do not agree that this an issue of too much saturated fat. We have the immense deficiencies we now see in vit D and other fat soluble vitamins bc we have falsely be warned off saturated fats. 

IMO this is an issue of inflammation caused by consumption or pro-inflammatory foods such as cow milk products. We al need healthy fats in our diets. Some might argue that raw cow milk products, ghee and other animal-based foods are necessary to provide these but no one who is knowledgeable about nutrition would argue that the processed versions do anything but cause disease. 

What I believe happens when this mom eliminates those factory-fed and produced products (I personally do not call them food as they harm the body) is that inflammation ia reduced. 

My approach to these situations is always just that. Improve nutritional status, support w appropriate herbs, homeopathy and supplements  

Lots of moms have the opportunity to discover just how good their diets can be and how much better thay can feel when they are forced to eliminate these toxic and pro-inflammatory products

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA 

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Kathleen Gale <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi! I have found that some women are sensitive to the amount of saturated fats in their diet when breastfeeding.  If they cut out dairy fats and decrease meat fats, it can make a difference when they have recurring plugged ducts or even mastitis.  If they cut way back on the saturated fats until eveyrthing is cleared up, then gradually increase the amt. that they consume, until they start to notice any symptoms, and then they know to eat a little less than that.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2