Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:11:25 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
Hello,
I am intrigued by the conversation thread.  I have in the past felt the same as many of you that one should not appear in a formula sponsored activity.  However, I read KD's post and now agree with her explanation and rationale.  It is a sad state of things that one feels the need to decline speaking at a conference sponsored by formula in order to send a message, since no one is really getting the intended message!!  Better to present the best breastfeeding info available, convince the inconvincible, and keep marching to a different drummer!!

My unit manager once was involved with the WAPC (state group interested in maternal/child issues) and a conference presented.  Two very knowledgeable breastfeeding presenters where there.  They were not aware that a formula company was involved, and upon finding out made they discomfort known to my manager.  She did not see it as a philosophical issue at all, and made every effort to soil their good names!!! She made comments such as "it is too bad the Lactation community thinks that way".  (Imagine me trying to choke her....)  This attitude is an abomination, and what can go on behind the scenes!!  So, as above I think the best defense is a good offense, show up and really wow the audience...

Lucy
cooler by the lake

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2