Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:34:12 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I was the person who submitted the article re circumcision because there are some very good points in it.  I can understand this chat group is about lactation but as a health care provider, I am often asked the pros and cons of circumcision, (and yes, it definitely can affect breastfeeding) just as I am asked about co-sleeping, immunization etc. so I need to keep up-to-date.  It is never our job to say, "you must or must not" but if we have an article looking at pros and cons we can pass it on to help people make an informed decision.  If they are asking us for information, they are unsure of their decision and I feel it is our job to provide resources.  

We don't need to discuss circs on Lactnet, but if the listmothers thought appropriate, maybe the link could be posted? 

I cannot offer for people to email me privately as Newark / Nestle is still keeping me incredibly busy but if the listmothers consider the link outside of Lactnet's guidelines, you can likely find the article on google.

Renee (in Vancouver)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2