Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:02:10 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes on the birth of my second grandchild. They are snuggly nesting at home, breastfeeding is going well, but she already has discovered different personalities and nursing patterns. Hunter ( the 3yr old) nursed always like he had never seen food and this was his only chance at it. This baby ( not yet named-she is trying on several names today to see how they fit!), takes his precious time in finding the nipple, preparing it, and then slowly and leisurely nurses. All the time enjoying his mother's attention while Hunter is doing things like  fingerpainting the refirgerator! Stacy has already learned how to walk, answer the phone, and fix snacks for Hunter while nursing the newborn. All the LLL conferences that she attended while growing up prepares her for the real world of motherhood. Of course when we get there, Granddaddy and Uncle Cody ( my 17 yr old) will be on entertainment detail with Hunter. The dad is a charter boat captain and is booked for several days each week so he is only available for evening and night duty. We will leave tomorrow at 6 AM for a 17 hr flight. I have not flown in 32 years and this will be a new experience for me. We are flying through Chicago and I heard there is snow there so that makes this southerner nervous. 
I thought about offering to do an inservice for the WIC office while I am there in Hawaii, but didn't have time to make any contacts.

Barbara Whitehead, BS,IBCLC, RLC
Eastern NC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2