Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:46:10 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Hi all

Julie, Congratultions!  The slide show is great.  Told my LLLC Multiples group about it today as I loved the 2 pics of the moms nursing twins.  I think I saw you in there too..........You sure are busy these days.

On another note I wanted to mention a great post 
http://www.phdinparenting.com/2011/10/02/can-an-ibclc-be-a-source-of-objective-information-about-formula-feeding/  that is worth taking a look at.  Not sure how many of you keep up with the various parenting blogs out there but one very well known one is PhDinParenting (well worth reading in my opinion - knowing what the moms are reading and what info is out there is mighty important and this blog is definitely one of the 'good ones').  This week the guest blogger was my friend and colleague Fleur Bickford who wrote about where moms go for unbiased info on infant feeding particularly in regards to formula feeding and supplementation.  Sure makes some interesting reading; as does the comments section.......  Now tying this back into the La Leche League meeting for moms of multiples I led this morning, there was lots of talk about supplementing (esp in the hospital) and bottlefeeding and at least one mom said "I didn't know how" and at least 2 babies at the meeting are primarily bottle fed now even tho the other twin is breastfeeding.  The moms are lost and need lots of support re: 'correct' bottlefeeding in addition to info on pumping, reintroducing the breast, normal newborn stuff, and info about breastfeeding the other twin.  The blog post was timely for me - not that I don't do all that stuff anyway, I like to think that I am pretty good about it - but listening to the moms talk sure brought it all home.  We really do need to be infant feeding experts, not just latch helpers. 

Anyway......my two cents

beth

Beth McMillan BA IBCLC and LLLC leader
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(where we have provincial elections tomorrow and at least one political party that specifically mentioned breastfeeding during the campaign)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2