Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:03:57 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
i am a public health r.n. in jerusalem (israel) heading a pediatric clinic. i nursed my own six children, that together with 25 years nursing experience made me fell that i knew all there was to know about breastfeeding. this was before i took the who/unicef breastfeeding course. i am shocked at how much i really had/have to learn.i had previously read the lactnet digests, but didn't understand half of what was discussed. now i'm readind, enjoying and LEARNING from all you bright and wonderful people out there!
i had a mother and her 5 day old son come in today. when i asked her what the baby was eating she told me that he was being fed breastmilk- from a bottle. why?- because "he is lazy and doesn't want to suck" a few weeks ago i would've let that go right by me. today i had her take the baby and i helped him (it took a few tries) latch on well. you could HEAR the sucking. she was so pleased she sat for 20 minutes and nursed away. it just goes to prove that we all have what to learn and that all we learn will eventually go towards those we are trying to help.
thanks for all your advice.
oh, on the last digest from april 24 there is an attachment called happy99. IT IS A VIRUS!!! donnot open it- delete it. it can be sent unknowingly-it attaches itself to outgoing mail. 

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2