Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 20:42:20 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (8 lines)
Thank you so much for all the information sent about hyperemesis.  I have passed on the info and anecdotes to the requesting party, and hopefully will soon hear reports as to how she fared with the various suggestions.  She plans to try them all, instantly!!

Now a new question -- actually it's come up before from others, but I must not have been paying strict enough attention, because I can't remember what the answer is.  Mom of 5 wk. old BF baby is having an anniversary date with hubby in a few weeks,  and expects to share some champagne and maybe some other drinks as well.  

How soon after drinking is it okay to BF?  or rephrased,  how many feeds must she pump and dump?  If she drinks in the evening, but doesn't pump, is her milk in the morning cleared of the alcohol, or is it retained there until the milk is expressed.  

I seem to remember that moms have to drink a fair amount before it crosses over enough into the milk to make the baby slightly sleepy.  I don't have Lawrence to refer to at the moment.  TIA.  Chanita

ATOM RSS1 RSS2