Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 1996 11:48:23 GMT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Carolyn H. and Jannette P. you've posted some wonderful thoughts in the last few days. A heavy trip as we used to say.

Every mother and baby is a universe unto itself and our skills have to be used in a such a way that we understand this. I think the longer we are in this or any field we learn that the more we know ( or the more we think we know) the less we really do know. There are a lot more zebras around than we think or a lot fewer horses.

Tools have their place, the reason ABM exists for us is that if it is needed it can be used. The same goes for nipple shields. If your back is against the wall and there is absolutely NO other way - try it. I too would have someone sign a release form.

I have noticed that certain subjects which we have discussed in depth keep popping up. This may be due to all of the wonderful new people who have joined us recently. May I suggest that you check the archives before asking things. If it is an SOS ask away, case studies and juicy issues are also great and we all learn from them as well. BUT sometimes things pop up that have been gone over and over and then invariably some good soul looks it up and suggested that you go to the archives.

The signature issue has been beaten to death also- one liners are wonderful and never cease to inspire, longer that  we have seen who you are many,many,many, many times.

Also please write to LACTNET as a new message not as a reply - it is really annoying to see a whole digest again.

I know our beloved cybergoddes of the snow has written several of the above issues as have I. Sorry to repeat them AGAIN.

cybergoodwishes,

EVI

ATOM RSS1 RSS2