Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 22:33:49 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (10 lines)
I am so glad to see everyone discussing issues about the exam - it means we are growing. The road to get where we are now was very long and difficult and we are so lucky to have JoAnne Scott and Dr. Leon Gross (statistician) working for all of us. JoAnne has managed to get IBLCE connected with many official certifying groups in a relatively short period of time. I do not know of any other para-medical profession that lets you get where you are going with so many alternate pathways.

Passing the exam is only the beginning. I had so many thousands of hours of clinical experience (more than requested), took the exam and really felt that I just started to know something afterwards. To this day I read everything I can, am in touch with as many people as possible and I still realize I know very little.

I think that it is great that someone with  a high school degree is able to work towards being certified, it shows that all are respected for their varied talents.

Be grateful for what we have and try to understand how very difficult it was to get this far in so short a time.

Evi

ATOM RSS1 RSS2