Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2024 12:44:17 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
Thanks for the troll.  I won't bite.  But will say what everyone should know:.  

One example of a failure by one 'bot is not necessarily indicative of complete failure by all 'bots, but should draw strong suspicion to that particular 'bot and real, but less,,r concerns about other such devices.

I assume that like many things, competence and honesty is a spectrum.  GIGO explains a lot and what we feed our 'bot determines greatly what comes out the other end. Different diets for different 'bots.  

That is why this particular effort is so interesting and worth some $.  Once a result is obtained, I can ask for a re-write from a selection of 'bots.

Can Google be trusted?  For some things yes, and others not so much.  Anyone who cannot see bias in Google search results, must, I assume, have amnesia or share that same bias.

Google AI's rep went in the dumpster when they got caught with obvious bias because their 'bot refused to  draw a white person.

Again, that is just one example, but proves bias well enough for me, plus or minus nothing, nineteen times out of twenty, etc..

I asked Perplexity Pro, "what should I use to get a coffee stain out of my carpet" a la the NY fish wrap story and got a very sensible and useful result.   I won't quote it here but try it yourself. If I have a carpet stain, I'll keep the advice in mind.

As for Google, I asked Perplexity this question, "Is Google trustworthy?".

Again I leave it to you to read the answer for yourself and run it trough all the various 'bots in various permutations and combinations.

We go back to, "All models are wrong but some are useful".  Is AI a model? Or a close relative?

Anyhow, I was hoping someone would ask the 'bot, "Is (honey bee)  CCD real or was it just another hoax?"

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2