Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:36:17 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Permission to post:

I am currently nursing my fourth baby who is 7 months old. About 3 weeks ago I started having pain on my right side, my son had just popped his first tooth and i didn't think much of it. I then noticed a small wound under my nipple and started putting bacitracin on the area. Two days later I noticed redness and a clogged duct on this same breast with chills. So i immediately called into my Dr. for antibiotics for mastitis which i had with my first born and once already with this child. I started taking the antibiotics that day and normally within 24 hours with my others I was free of pain and everything was turning in the right direction. But with this one it seemed to just be getting worse and the wound under my nipple was becoming larger and the pain had moved to my left breast.  I waited 2 days hoping that it would get better with the antibiotics but it didn't. I then noticed white spots in my son's mouth which turned me straight to thrush. My son started and is continuing to take nystatin 3 times a day. and I went in immediately to receive a prescription for diflucan. I took one that day and then one 2 days later. It also did not seem to help the pain and I was dealing with a milk blister on my left side. I than was put on a 14 day round of diflucan and began Dr. Jack Newman's protocol a week and a half ago. Also adding in a warm rice bag after feedings in case i am dealing with raynaud's syndrome. My son's mouth has completely healed. His last day of nystatin is tomorrow but i am still in large amounts of pain all during nursing. I am now starting to have open wounds on the top of my nipples and things just do not feel right. For reference I have nursed 3 other children all to 14 months and my first son had a tongue and lip tie revision at 6 days old.

We have been through everything I can think of and the MD would like mom to switch to formula and will not do cultures.   Thanks so much for any ideas to help this mom.
Julie Morgan RN, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2