Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 11:22:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Good morning,
I am a seasoned IBCLC and love when I am challenged to learn new or relearn old information. 

I am working with a mother and infant who is slow growing, due to various factors that we are addressing.  The mom is utilizing many resources for information and is sometimes not compliant with suggestions depending on what she likes to hear. 

Yesterday she mentioned that she was told the "fat content in her milk could be low due to the summer season.  That infant's do not require as much fat in the summer as they require more hydration and the milk composition accommodates this need."

I honestly do not remember learning that in all of my  years as an LC, but I did begin to research this topic yesterday.  I did see an article that mentioned a study in Guam and how the rainy season and work load of the moms affected the composition of the milk.

I am asking for your expertise to direct me to information that either supports or disputes this claim.
Thank you in advance for your wealth of information.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2