Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
In-Reply-To:
Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
Holly McSpadden <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (41 lines)
I don’t know about other LC’s but our hospital LC’s are only focused on THE virus. We are adjusting to 12-hour shifts, creating resources sheets to email to patients phones so they can watch videos, trying to continue latch assists where we are 12-18 inches from a patient’s face with a shortage of masks, implementing protocols for isolating mothers and babies that may need it, detaining visitors, designating breast pumps for isolation use, running short staffed due to virus exposure, all the while our bosses are setting up a process to resterilize single use masks, and planning for when the ventilators will run out. Then we have been instructed upon arrival at home to remove all scrubs in garage, wipe clogs with sanitizing wipes and wash everything in hot water.

This is all necessary stuff. I am not complaining. Please pray for those of us on the front lines until this passes...

Holly McSpadden, IBCLC

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:24:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Lactnet quiet?

I've been wondering if I've been turned off?  What's going on (besides THE virus?  Cleaning out the last box of stuff from Chris Mulford's collection. Makes me sad, but the CBI has added so many articles from her stash.  Thought this article from 2002 INFACT issue was interesting.  Wonder what I would find today in the latest issue of Parents.  Wonder what her "game" was....  Pat in SNJ
Vertical integration it's called!  What we learn about commodification from a parenting magazine.I just bought Parents magazine (December 2002) for a game I was doing on barriers to breastfeeding - this one had to do with the     bottle feeding culture and the formula industry.  I counted:3 formula ads1 doll with bottle ad1 bottle/cup ad (showed a breast pump)1 article on searching for the right formula1 article on To Nurse or Not - a nine month who is taking forever to eat1 article on birth-day basics  (on procedures) - mothers only get baby for 30 minutes before they are put in nursery unless mother is "rooming in."1 article on hoe eyesight develops which doesn't mention breastfeeding (right before the Goodstart ad)
The ironic thing (which is also part of the game)is:1 article on severe allergies1 ad for  itchy skin relief1 ad for eczema ointment1 ad for ear drops1 ad for inhaled steroid for asthma1 ad for non-steroid for asthma2 adds for humidifiers2 ads for Pedialite (right after article on stomach flu)1 ad for vaporizer in a bottle1 ad for Vicks1 ad on natural alternatives for ear aches, respiratory & eczema1 ad from Ross on the perils of RSV disease (no mention of the protective effects of breastfeeding1 ad for sanitary napkins1 ad for thermal care menstrual patch-heat relief1 article on financial feuds (with your partner)1 article on surprising facts about stomach flu (they include don't stop breastfeeding because that puts breastmilk and formula on an equal basis)1 article on a crush on your baby's pediatrician - that would be a non-issue because mom who is breastfeeding     wouldn't see her pediatrician often enough to nurture the crush.1 article on children who had transplants - perhaps some of them  could have been prevented if they had been breastfed2 ads for cleaning products - breastfeeding means you don't have to be compulsive about cleaning (thank goodness)2 ads for toys which stimulate brain growth
Sheesh - the formula industry is not only who profits - look at all   those other companies who profit from unnecessary formula use. It also normalzies illness *  Linda  Rhomph of Manitoba
I wonder what

Archives: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.lsoft.com%2Farchives%2FLACTNET.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C40bb8824046b4f8fa85c08d7d0077258%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637206602710338530&amp;sdata=Qi%2Fcpj4lYTeNiOVSNsg9v1c%2BfQinMqqO3ATbFy8RS44%3D&amp;reserved=0
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2