Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 01:15:28 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Related to EPIC: My hospital has been an EPIC user now for about 5 years. I am still not sure how I feel about the system. EPIC has different platforms with some similarities and differences between them The other hospital in town also uses EPIC which has allowed easier sharing of info when patients shift from one facility to another for care. However, the charting looks different there than at my facility. Yes, you can have your IT work with EPIC to add or build. We recently went through an upgrade which has us still adjusting. Elsevier is the content expert for the Care Plans and content. Sometimes, I am not sure if they have an IBCLC on staff because of some of the recommendations and content we have a choice from.  I do inpatient and outpatient visits. Inpatient we use Lactation Flowsheet and Lactation (Progress) notes but nobody reads the flowsheets but us LC's. Staff and MD's only read the LC note. Outpatient we tend to use only the LC note because we can route or print the ntoe to fax. You can have IT help you build a progress note template that you can use for all your notes and then fill in the blanks.  We can also route our notes to providers in our system. However, if they don't have privileges at our facility, we have to print and fax. I don't know if this helps. Please feel free to ask me anymore questions. I have often wondered about EPIC users and outpatient notes myself. 

Allyson Michaels, MSN, RN, IBCLCCharlottesville, VA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2