Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 21:56:57 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Hi Haddassah-

I just came across this old post now, likely you have resolved the issue! I have worked as a NICU feeding therapist. Often when babies chomp down on nipples and "collapse" them by sucking the air out, they are sucking stronger than the flow rate of the nipple allows.  It could mean they may benefit from a faster flow rate. OR the biting could be an attempt to slow the flow if too fast as well?  I'm also interested about how your little oral defensive guy has faired? We always recommend use of pacifiers for infants that are orally defensive with goals of breastfeeding, as we can find that the severe oral defensiveness can often be more of a limiting factor on breastfeeding then pacifier use in and of itself.  Using a pacifier could potentially, in this case, reduced defensiveness, which in turn might improve odds of increasing breastfeeding success when able to again?  I would love to hear how this case panned out!
-Emily

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2