Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2018 04:22:56 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Thank you all for your great feedback about whether or not to supplement by bottle when using a nipple shield. I do think that the response to pace the feeding when using the bottle being key was right on target. I have definitely seen that be a help as well, versus a baby just getting a fast flow of a large volume of milk. It makes the baby a lazy at the breast, I think. I also have put an NG tube or SNS inside (or sometimes outside) a nipple shield. But I find many parents don't want to use them beyond a day or two and find them difficult to use. But I do recommend them anyway. Thanks for your feedback.

Tricia Shamblin, RN, IBCLC

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2