Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:08:22 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
5.  You are called to see Moon and Sun Zodiac.  They have some concerns regarding their newborn.  As you walk into the room to do an assessment of the child, you notice the child has unfocused, glazed eyes, a purple stripe from anterior to posterior fontanel, spastic body movements, and a micro safety pin through the left nare (nostril).  From the following responses, choose the most empathetic statement.

a. Oh...a...It's cute...what is it, a boy or a girl?

b. Oh, My God!

c. Isn't that a cute stuffed toy. (But can I see your baby?)

d.What a unique system! Remember to change the pin from side to side after every feeding.

6.You have been called to assess the stool of a three week old infant.  The stool resembles small, irregular white and brown pellets measuring 1-2 cm in diameter.  What is the most likely etiology of this stool?

a. Curdled milk secondary to excessice pacemaker wire stimulus.

b. Normal breastfed rabbit stools.

c. Disruption of the bacterial flora resulting in milk precipitins secondary to recurrent endometriosis and "chocolate cysts".

d. Excessive maternal intake of snacks offered at IBCLE meeting transmitted via the enteromammary system.

e. Enteromammary transmission of excess maternal intake of carob- and yogurt-covered raisins at IBCLE Founding meeting

[I do think the writers of the first exam became extremely tired because they did such a good job on the first test.  Anyway, at least I passed!]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2