Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:52:12 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
All I want to say about any of the pumps - regardless of the brand - is have they been tested empirically for effectiveness?  There have been tests developed that compare a pump's efficiency to a baby's efficiency - efficiency being defined as percentage of available milk removed over a period of time.   Anything else, including reviews on websites is merely anecdotal.   The frustrating thing is:  no one seems to want to spend the money to investigate this!  

-----Original Message-----

From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of April Graves

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:28 AM

Subject: Re: Sperry travel breast pumps

My best friend asked me the same question a few months ago because her insurance only provides the Spectra s2 breastpump.  I did a little research and there was an overwhelming number of comments from mothers who preferred the Spectra 2 to the pump in style or the purely yours. I was able to get my hands on the pump and I will say I liked that it was easy to change the settings....fully customizable suction pressure & speed. I have not had a chance to compare the cycles per minute & min/max vacuum pressures achieved on Spectra 2 vs. the other double electric pumps. My friend really likes it and feels like it was just a strong as the symphony she was using in the hospital. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2