Message-ID:
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
the juliest person you know <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
"Date:    Thu, 3 Sep 2015 01:02:45 GMTFrom:    "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: what food intolerances to check for after dairy and soy

I faciltate a BF moms' support group. Have a mom with 2 month old with symptoms of food intolerance in mom's diet. Mom has been dairy-soy-free for over a month (with possible accidents with "natural flavoring" or soy used in processing of Vit E in foods), with very little/no change in baby. Today at group baby stooled & the diaper was covered with a see-through tan-ish shiny poop. Mom reports the same thing yesterday & day before. I don't know whether to be worried or not. She sees her ped tomorrow & I'm afraid he's going to say stop breastfeeding & try one of the non-allergenic formulas. Mom wants to keep breastfeeding--baby is gaining & growing, but she's starting to question herself. What would be the suggested next step? Is this poop a cause for concern? What do you find to be the biggest food culprits when dairy & soy don't seem to be the ones? Pat Bucknell IBCLCOhio USA"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, it's neither dairy nor soy.  Gluten (in wheat, barley, rye) or artificial colors and flavors, would be my next guess.  Or something in her prenatal vitamins.  Baby is growing and gaining.  Is s/he in pain?  If not, perhaps it's something that can just be monitored in case it gets worse.  
Julie Tardos
 ==== Anything worth doing is even worth doing badly.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2