Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:22:08 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hi Friends, 
I am working with a mom PTP who had what appeared to be a straight forward bleb in left nipple. No swelling overall in breast was apparent. I shared all the basic information, from www.normalfed., she had looked at kellymom, and the information from last week on lactnet. She went to her doctor who removed 1 mm of skin over bleb, but nothing came out or changed. When mom went home and pumped this came out: hope you can see images if not, she reports doctor has never seen anything like it and that it looks like tendon tissue to her. A lot of blood came with it, a few hours later she pumped again and only got a bit of blood toward end of session and 3rd time no blood. After the bleb was opened, mom started to feel hard tender area on breast. That wasn't surprising to me. I had sent her information on vibration to help move things along. I don't know how much she is doing. She is very sore, they can't do an ultrasound until after the 25th, but I am tempted
 to say this needs to be STAT. Mom feels she is losing milk on that side.
Any thoughts on what this could be and what she should be doing. What we should suggest to doctor. I feel from limited communication that the mom doesn't know who to get help from. Regular doctor is puzzled and the surgeon seemed overwhelming, and I am not sure what my role can be other than gatherer of information and support. The doctor sent it to the lab, but they don't know if they can get anything as mom had put it in water until she could go in with it the next morning.

JANET FISHSTROM DOMBRO,IBCLC,RLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2