Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:47:25 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I have PTP.

I had an hour + consult with Mom yesterday, so forgive me if this seems disjointed.  There were many side issues and I am learning to discern the most important ones!

Mom came in concerned about black & green runny/slimy  diarrhea type stool of a 2m old. This only happens in the morning, in the evening Mom reports normal yellow stool.  Baby is having average weight gain, and does have a long sleep at night of 8 hours.     

Mom predominantly feeds on left side.  Right side has reduced supply (perhaps due to baby preference) which has gotten reduced more in the last week. Mom reports that baby will vomit milk up when feeds out of the right side. (She has been to the ER for this and they were not able to determine cause.)  This morning she pumped from the right side and the milk was yellow (like the color of butter not mustard yellow).  

Baby does take gas drops daily. Baby was taking Vitamin D drops, but Mom discontinued them while trying to discern cause of black/green poop.  Mom is on no medication outside of Prenatal vitamin.  

I have lots of theories, but I don't want to alarm mom without reason. What should be priority?

Thanks for your input!
Lisa Paul 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2