Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2013 17:45:55 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
The last two cases of what I believed was an adequate milk supply but a baby with poor weight gain did not include either tongue tie or lip tie - but both babies had  very weak seal around the lips - and leaked either breast milk from breast or bottle.  Eventually I believe this compromised an originally adequate milk production...

I did have another person, a Speech Therapist, evaluate the baby, but she only had one opportunity to see the baby before leaving on vacation, and mom gave up on breastfeeding - I hope to follow up with her in the next month or so to see if she followed up with the referrals the ST had recommended...

Lots of emotions and feelings have overwhelmed this mom, so I'm trying to learn from her experience - but not at her expense...that's a thin line I've had to walk a lot of times lately.  Moms don't give up as they used to...but there are still moms I can't help!   I have to admit it hurts - the mom, the baby and the LC (at least this one!). 

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, IBCLC
Vacaville, CA  95687

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2