Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Message-ID:
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Jannette Festival <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Dont forget that DHM is only available by prescription. If we start having it in grocery stores then it is  going to go to 'people' who don't qualify for this special resource. This milk is donated by donors who go through a lot of time and effort to pump and get the milk to the Milk Bank. Most of the babies who receive the milk in the hospitals are in a fragile state. One 4 oz bottle that is used in the hospital could easily be a life saving medicine for 8 babies, or one meal for a healthy baby in the community.

I believe that if we want to have it accessible to the populations that need it then we have to do a better job of increasing the awareness and value of breastfeeding and human milk. Instead of concentrating on opening more milk banks lets put our focus on increasing and supporting moms to breastfeed. I'm not sure why Brazil has more milk banks per capita. Does anyone know their breast feeding rates? I know it is supported by their government-even mail carriers get involved with advertising for milk banks on their mail bags as well as Police doing milk deliveries...How is that for promotion!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2