Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 02:23:25 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
I am once again a "great-grandmother-in-waiting" with his birth due in 6 weeks or so. I am being a "long-distance" support person, and thrilled that my youngest granddaughter is sharing her joyful expectations and asking me all kinds of advice. I've pretty well gotten it across to her that I believe that breastfeeding is not supposed to hurt, and why, and I sent her the latest very simplified RPS instruction sheet and a copy of the WABF. (And told her to read the vignette at the beginning of chapter 7 for the story of me and her uncle over half a century ago - Thanks Diane;-)

But now it occurs to me that were it to happen that the baby would be tongue-tied, the distance and delay could make for a problem. I am getting too ancient to "doula/LC" her personally, but I remember when this situation happened when I "doula/LC'd" my eldest granddaughter in Montana 7 years ago, and I saw firsthand how much misery could have been saved if I had known of someone there to refer her to when the pediatrician was not "up" on this, rather than have to wait to get it clipped at 3 weeks when she could travel home to Ohio for the rest of her maternity leave, .

So, I am asking in advance if anyone can recommend any providers near Havelock NC in case my newest great grandson were  to need a release of some degree of tongue-tie. 

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Volunteer LC      Dayton   OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2