Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:22:28 -1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (44 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Speaking of incorporating classic music into our educational world, I've been incorporating live classical guitar into our Saturday night planetarium shows.  Our new Goto ChronosII/Evans and Sutherland Digistar 4 hybrid system at Bishop Museum's J. Watumull Planetarium lends itself very well to this.  Adding to the work-ability of this approach is a great new sound system and controllers from Spitz.  Here's a segment from Hawaii Public Radio on the program (this story is the last one on the list, you can choose it directly).
http://hpr2.org/post/improving-hawaii-education-living-history-day-kakaako-development-planetarium

Mike

Mike Shanahan
Director of Education, Visitor Experience and Planetarium
Bishop Museum
1525 Bernice Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
Office: (808) 847-8235   Cell: (808) 469-7412
www.bishopmuseum.org; www.bishopmuseum.org/planetarium
As "The Museum of Hawai'i," Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum's mission is to be a gathering place and educational center that actively engages people in the presentation, exploration and preservation of Hawai'i's cultural heritage and natural history, as well as its ancestral cultures throughout the Pacific.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:14 AM
To: 'Informal Science Education Network'
Subject: RE: How To Win That Music Competition?

Then again, we're in an age where we say 'I went to see the symphony last night,' not 'I went to hear the symphony...'

This message is only intended for the addressee named above.  Its contents may be privileged or otherwise protected.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message or its contents is prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply mail or by collect telephone call.  Any personal opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily represent the views of the Bishop Museum.

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2