<F4F726FA2EBB4AF1A437C5607A00BAA3@MommaComputer>
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Renee Hefti <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
Public Citizen are sending out information to more than 15,000 people  - Maria and I are THRILLED to have this support!   Besides running our private practices, we have spent 4 - 5 hours a day, 7 days a week for more than 3 months, on Newark / Nestle.

Be sure to watch the video clip of Mayor Booker saying (as he accepts Nestlé's "free" program) "what an amazing day" and that he's "blown away by Nestle", that he's "the proudest Mayor in America" and that, "he and Nestle have the goal to influence every family". 

From Public Citizen:  Can one of the world's largest producers of infant formula be trusted to promote breastfeeding and healthy eating in our communities?

That's what Nestlé wants us to believe. And it's partnering with the city of Newark and the state of Michigan on initiatives meant to fight childhood obesity.

But you and I know that Nestlé is interested in bolstering its bottom line, not children's health.

Tell Mayor Cory Booker of Newark and Governor Rick Snyder of Michigan to say no to Nestlé's marketing tricks. 

http://www.citizenvox.org/2012/05/23/nestle-newark-michigan-booker-snyder-childhood-obesity/

click on link (above) to find form letters to Mayor Cory Booker and Governor Rick Snyder - easy - just fill in your info and click send.  Public Citizen (Citizenvox) will forward your letters. Let's let Nestle know we are no longer going to sit back and let them take over educating women and society about breastfeeding and nutrition.  Can you send me a quick email saying "yes I did send the letters" or "no I don't support" so I can monitor how people on lactnet are feeling about stopping Nestle.  And please fwd the link to your contacts. International people please continue, your much appreciated) support of these campaigns - maybe Nestle will think twice about doing the same thing in your countries.

If you have lost the petition link, we are keeping it going so please continue to sing and pass information on to as many people as possible (finally getting some men's signatures - thank you).
 http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor-cory-booker-newark-new-jersey-usa-stop-the-hypocritical-newarknestle-campaign-to-target-childhood-obesity?share_id=HDVyjOmNmk&. 

Many thanks, Renee (in Vancouver, Canada)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2