Message-ID:
In-Reply-To:
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I am reaching out for IBCLC's in PP to write to me off list at [log in to unmask]
Time is truly of the essence.  As of Aug. 1, insurance companies need to provide reimbursement for lactation services, and that puts us in the power seat.  They may be in a rush to settle rates, but LC's in private practice do not need to agree to just anything to suit the deadlines of insurance companies.  So you know, we should also be pushing for legislation to clarify what lactation services ins. companies need to cover.  We have some great people at USLCA working hard and I am in touch.  Please be aware that there is no disagreement re wanting the highest pay possible for LC's.  There is an issue re hiring representation, money and timing of negotiations, but there is no disagreement.  So please, let's not get bogged down in anything like that!  RIght now, there are a large number of IBCLC's in private practice speaking up to say that they are hardly making a living as it is and they are concerned about being devalued.  I am reaching out to you if those are your thoughts, independently, to try to see if we can pull together off list to compile some some information and also some expertise.
Please email me, whether it is just to provide information or to offer to join an informal group who wants to brainstorm fast (asap!)
and state
--where you are from (if you are from outside of the U.S.  I also want this info, because, on a larger level, this is a women's issue….)
--what you charge
--how long a visit is
--how long you spend traveling
--whether you are supporting a family and are the breadwinner
--what your expenses are (health insurance? liability? disability? incorporation? office space?  education? equipment?)
--how much time you average per client, including telephone, email, in-person
--how many clients you see per year
--how much time you spend on education and marketing per year
--your comments on what legislation would best benefit our profession (and therefore mothers and babies!)  for example, legislation requiring home visits to be reimbursed….
--how you would like to be of help in brainstorming these issues, organizing, pushing for legislation, etc.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2