Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:53:55 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
10 -	Foster the establishment of breastfeeding support groups and refer mothers to them on discharge from the hospital or clinic

I had another call from a mom in tears due to lack of support.  She sought me out by having her friend who lives in Florida contact the Ct Breastfeeding Coalition who gave her my name.  That's a long way around the block

This mom had a full term baby who went to NICU for "fluid in his lungs".  Mom had pp hemorrhage.  They were separated for 48 hours due to mom's weakness and baby was provided with formula.  She worked with a hospital LC and was sent home with a non-latching baby, a nipple shield, a hand pump and no IBCLC referral.  Needless to say, this mom feels ripped off and afraid that she will NEVER get baby to breast.

I ask you, how does giving a list of community LC's fulfill the 10th step requirement?  Would we ask someone who had a hip replacement to take a list of short term care rehab units home and to call himself if he had pain?  I don't think so.  When is this insanity going to end?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2