Message-ID:
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Deborah Voisey <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Happy Friday Lactnetters!I work and live in a semi-rural area in Labrador (mainland portion of Newfoundland & Labrador, Northeastern Canada).  The population here is approximately 7500.  I have decided to put myself out there to the public as a private practice IBCLC. I currently hold a contract with the hospital to provide back up service when the pplc there is away or unavailable, and this has worked relatively well, so I have decided to try branching out and doing work independently. I hold a full time job in nursing in a First Nations community and have been able to get approval for providing services to the women there as well, through the Health Commission, in my off-hours.  My next step is to begin providing services from my home office. I have worked as a registered nurse in mental health, obstetrics, and public health, as well as a health promotion nurse in sexual health and lactation consulting.  I really am looking forward to using my combined experience to assist families prenatally and postnatally in meeting their goals for breastfeeding and early parenting.  I am maintaining my IBCLC, am working towards my Certified Diabetes Educator exam, and will then commence work towards becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator.  Any words of advice/wisdom from PPLCs (especially in Canada) on getting started? I have no idea what to charge, how insurance on the home is impacted, how to set up my service to meet client needs while still being available to my family. Any advice and direction from my large group of LactNet colleagues and mentors is much appreciated!Please reply to my personal email at [log in to unmask] to decrease congestion on the LactNet listserve. Thank you in advance, lactnetters! Dee Dee Voisey, BN RN IBCLCHappy Valley-Goose Bay, [log in to unmask]  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2