Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:44:33 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hello all,
Permission to post: I'm counseling a mom who's pregnant with #3. With her first two she weaned after a couple of months, in part b/c she experienced dizziness/vertigo/"brain fog" from MER through about 30 minutes after each feed. Mom's health is otherwise good, to her knowledge. Any insights as to what could be causing this or suggestions in case it happens again? It sounds like it's not unheard of, as moms have discussed the phenomenon here:
http://www.breastfeeding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48042

Also, I've been lurking for over a year now and should introduce myself. I'm a second generation LLL Leader and a newly (2011) certified IBCLC. My mother, Faith Bedford, was one of the LLL Leaders involved in beginnings of the IBLCE, and she was a co-founder and the first president of ILCA. I remember being (~ten years old!) at the meeting at JoAnne Scott's house in Northern Virginia when they nailed down the plan for the exam...and I can't tell you how many times I helped sort ILCA newsletters by zip code on our kitchen table! Little did I know that I'd also choose this as a career path. 

I'm currently at home with three young kids and not yet using the IBCLC professionally (though I do lots of breastfeeding support through LLL), but I look forward to doing so in the future. Thanks for all the knowledge and education that you wise ones provide through LACTNET; it is an invaluable resource.

Best,
Sarah Bedford, MA, IBCLC, LLLL
Charlottesville, VA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2