Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:13:26 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
Dear Fellow List Friends,

I just wanted to share that as one of the maternal newborn nurses who is living through the pain we are experiencing at our hospital in Massachusetts with the elimination of our lactation department,  I am struck more and more with the absolute importance of us all sticking together and remembering our mission to best serve our mothers and infants.

I'm also an IBCLC but am hired as a maternal newborn nurse. I think it's vital that we don't lose sight of the real issue here which is staying true to our committments to mothers and infants whether you are an IBCLC or an IBCLC- RN.

I've been privileged this week to witness Dr. Melissa Bartick and the Mass Breastfeeding Coalition with their amazing advocacy work. These leaders are the most committed , passionate supporters of breastfeeding and baby friendly evidenced based care that I could ever imagine knowing.

They have tireless energy to support the cause of advocating for what is best for mothers and infants. I applaud them and as a person who is working on the unit and understands the immense complexity of the population served and the high risk, I do understand and agree with Melissa's last post but this is no way diminishes IBCLC. We all have much to offer and mothers and infants need us.

As health care changes we will all face challenges and we have to protect our mother baby populations. We have much more to gain by being a united group with a collective mission.

Thank you to all the heroes in this field- you give me hope and keep me going!

Best,

Ginny Combs

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2