Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:21:23 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
oops.... sent this before I was ready... 

I should clarify - 1st grandson was not hospitalized, but I was so worried he would be and that their breastfeeding relationship would be done for - the HCPs working with them were not very supportive of breastfeeding.. saying our grandson was being lazy at the breast, etc..

so, to finish... I felt this tremendous guilt, and at times it still wells up.  In my defense, my daughter had her "team" all set up and relieved me of any breastfeeding technical support responsibilities, which I was grateful for until after the fact.. with the 2nd grandbaby.. I knew the midwives, I was informed, she knew where to come to for help and she is still doing things her way.. 

We are surely in a unique position... we deal with breastfeeding problems all the time.. but our daughters just want us to be "Mom"... and maybe being able to step away, be Mom, let someone else you know is a good LC take the helm, is the route to go.  Let another expert be the expert and then do what all the other Mothers of the Mothers get to do. (which only works if there is another LC you trust in the area)

I wish you and your daughter and her baby the best... hang in there.. keep getting support for all your emotions around this situation.... and sometimes its appropriate to be the mother bear.. it IS your grandchild's health at stake!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2