Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:50:44 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Liane, I just saw the Movie Buck, it was great I would Highly Recc. it. It is about a man who had an abusive childhood and was  placed in Foster Care at age 11. He is the real Horse Whisperer. I really like two of his lines from the Movie which I think relate to Mom's and Babes. The First one: " Your Horse is a mirror for your soul, sometimes you will like what you see, sometimes you will not". The Second line is , " People call me to help them with their horse problems, but usually it is Horses I am helping with People Problems".  You mention this Baby had a Traumatic Birth, Did he ever receive CST for this? Are the parents open to this ? Trauma gets lodged into the Body and needs to be released at some point, it does not just go away. If not released it leads to Behavioral problems.  Whenever I see a Baby that will not suckle at the Breast, something so primal and hard wired biologically I suspect a serious imbalance in their system that interferes with the Parasympathetic Relaxation response. Their system is in Chronic Low Level Flight or Fight. At that age 14 months, I also  think you have to look at the whole family as a unit, and look at the Dynamics of this unit, which it sounds like you have already done. After seeing Buck, I suspect his advice would be:  Pick your battles and apply lots of love and patience to this situation. He talks about traumatized horses as being very sensitive to the nuances and intentions of other people and having a hard time letting down the wall of defense. I think Humans are no different. Lisa Mooney  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2