Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:14:11 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Hi all,

I have an interview tomorrow with the company who will be providing the new outsourcing for UMass Memorial.  (Go ahead and throw tomatoes;  I'm a single mother with two kids setting up a PP that can't pay the bills yet.)  I think it stinks that the RN IBCLCs are being laid off from their lactation consulting hours and bumped over to L & D.  It's a horrible thing to happen to some very dedicated professionals.

But I'd like to clear up the idea that a pump rep has been hired.  You're actually talking about a very dedicated IBCLC named Amy Robinson who has spent 8+ years working for a pittance for WIC out of sheer love and in the past few years has shown those around her at UMass how much she knows and how hard she is willing to work by going above and beyond in her support of nursing mothers who need pumps or pump service for one reason or another.  I can assure you that her first and really only priority is mothers and babies.  When she sees these posts it is going to hurt.  I wish it wasn't necessary to fight and choose sides when really we are all on the same side and just want to help moms and babies.  Please can't we save our anger for the poor treatment of the union RN IBCLCs?

She recommended me to the outsourcing company since I have worked alongside her for many years as an unpaid WIC counselor, LLLL Leader, CLC doing free home visits at least once or twice a week.  I might be green and I certainly can't start an IV but I'm not a pharma rep or a joke.  And UMass Memorial is not a breastfeeding utopia.  Their numbers are pretty abysmal.  When Amy called to ask if I would interview for this position she said it would be a challenging situation.  You can say that again!

Erin Michaud, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2