Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:20:47 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Hello All!

I am very behind as far as my LACTNET reading is concerned, but I don't remember ever reading abut a case quite like this.
I just heard from a woman with a two and a half week old first baby. He was born on time, over four kilo, lost a bit, gained back his birth weight and hasn't gone up at all since.He is nursing "all the time", he has plenty of wet diapers and about one bowel movement a day. The birth was normal, epidural for about 6 hours. No sore nipples. The baby nurses a half hour to forty-five minutes a time and is fussy.
Her gynecological history: She got her period at 15 and from then it came every 2 1/2 to three weeks. She had some trouble getting pregnant but managed with some help from a natural practitioner. I do not know what kind. The pregnancy went smoothly. 
Here's the different part: Until pregnancy her breasts were both the same size. During pregnancy only one breast changed, the same after birth. She says that she can maybe express a drop or two out of the small side side. Even more interesting, her sister has the same thing.
She says she has no history of health problems, no thyroid, no sugar problems, no allergies. She has always eaten healthy, her family is into "natural", as they say here. She is not on any medications, her iron was 13.something.
And she says she doesn't know how much more she can take.
I hope to see her tomorrow. Of course, I will check all of the "mechanics", but what's with the only one fully functioning breast?   What do you wondrous women think?

Thank you in advance,
Yael Edelstein

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2