Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:17:23 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Thank you dear teachers for your comments and suggestions (on the list and email me personally). 

It can be rather difficult when working with some of the conservative/superstitious Chinese moms because they tend to think of the negative aspects and based it just because someone older had told them so (in Asian communities, the elders advise carry weight and most often, goes uncontested, even if it does not make any sense scientifically) 

I had a chat with the mother again last night and she had told me that the bleeding has stopped, but I did asked her again to have her doctor to have a look at her, and again she declined. I can sense a feeling of "worry" in her tone and I asked her gently why she refuse to be seen by her doctor. She simply replied "I do not want to be told that I have some kind of cancer or serious health issues. Its better that way for me not to know". I gently told her the "sunny" side of having a doctor look at her, but she was firm with her decision and at this point I just had to let it go.

I suppose there is only much that we can do to a certain degree and ultimately the decision is in the mother's hands.

Warmest,
Moe

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2