Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 11:29:41 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Yes, I too was raised on a homemade formula of cows milk, karo syrup and vitamins.  Not to mention, cereal in all my bottles starting at 7 days old!  My aunt told me that they had to take the karo syrup out of my milk after a while because it "didn't sit quite right" with me...ie - hospitalized for dehydration! 
 In my one year old baby picture, I look like a block of cheese on shoulders!  But my aunt's view is that we were all "fine" and still are "fine' - not true.
All my relatives who have died, all suffered from complications of obesity.  My youngest sister is morbidly obese.  Diabetes, cancer and a multitude of illnesses plague our entire family - very sad.
I agree and know from experience, it is difficult to care for grossly overweight individuals and realize the lack of sheer manpower results in neglectful care, leading to more complications and even death (as we have experienced in our family)
So, no matter how you try to soften the truth - Fat Kills.  Preventing obesity from the very start is paramount.

Maria Parlapiano RN IBCLC
Postpartum Place
Chatham, NJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2