quoted-printable
Message-ID:
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Maureen Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Hi Laurie,

Thank you for your reply. After reading back my post, I realise that there was an error in the weight figure for 9th May. It should be 2.68kg instead of 2.95kg.

Just to share, I had contacted mom on Friday, May 13th and she mentioned that her baby had managed to put on 200g within a 5 day period (from Mon - Thurs - measurement is from the pediatrician's clinic). Mom is really pleased with this, but she seems to be having problems of keeping baby interested at the breast. At times baby is okay at the breast and sometimes she will "suddenly forget" how to nurse and will get upset again.

So far there are no bottles being introduced to baby, hence I dont think it could be a case of nipple preference can it? Mom only used a cup and a syringe to feed her.

The Pediatrician had referred mom to the gov hospital pediatrician whom he claimed is a "LC", but I seriously doubt he is because there is no LC in my country! (after also checking with ILCA itself) I am waiting for mom to get back to me about her visit (which is this afternoon) and what the "LC" had worked out for her.

I had presented the option of using a SNS to help her situation and mom is keen on that, hence we will be starting it this Monday and see if there is any improvement with the aid. 

I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on a scale to assess the breastmilk transfer, but it seems that the only way to get it is via ordering them from another country.

While mom is pleased with her daughter's progress, she is hoping that eventually she would be able to exclusively breastfeed her baby in the end.

Warmest,
Moe Fletcher,CLEC 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2