Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:36:05 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I do want to clarify that I did not mean imply that breastpumps and bottles never have a place in the breastfeeding mom's life; my intent was to point out that breastfeeding works, and if we lived in breastfeeding utopia with our babies for the first 2 years of their lives, we would not NEED a pump and bottles for breastfeeding to WORK in most cases.  I realize their are exceptions.  And I am one of those moms that could not have maintained a successful nursing relationship with my babies if it weren't for a pump and bottles because I did work outside of the home.  

And I must rescind my statement that I won't recommend Medela pumps to clients ever again because I probably will.  If it is what is available, and the mom really has a need, I don't want her to suffer or baby to get formula just because I have issues with the company and their marketing.  If there is an acceptable alternative that works as well then I will recommend that. I will not, however, be sending anyone to their website.

And in a previous post, thanks for the reminder, and yes, I agree...our goal, helping moms feed their babies, and sometimes to the best of our ability or due to other circumstances, baby still can't nurse from the breast, we can empower mom by giving her the right information to be able to continue to provide her baby with breastmilk...and there are many ways to do that.

Thanks, and apologies for adding any "fuel to the fire."  

Misti Ryan, BSN, RN, CCE, LLL
(2011 IBCLC Exam Candidate hopeful)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2