Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:10:52 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
I am sorry if this was already posted - I am a bit behind. Either way it is good.

Leigh Anne O'Connor, IBCLC, LLL

Quote of the Day: Michelle Obama"And finally, it’s one thing we can think about, is working to make sure that our kids get a healthy start from the beginning, by promoting breastfeeding in our communities. (Applause.) One thing we do know is that babies that are breastfed are less likely to be obese as children, but 40 percent of African American babies are never breastfed at all, not even during the first weeks of their lives.And we know this isn’t possible or practical for some moms, but we’ve got a WIC program that’s providing new support to low-income moms who want to try so that they get the support they need.And under the new health care legislation, businesses will now have to accommodate mothers who want to continue breastfeeding once they get back to work. (Applause.) Now, the men, you may not understand how important that is. (Laughter.) But trust me, it’s important to have a place to go." Michelle Obama, in 

speech to NAACP, 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2